Welcome to CORE Careers!
We are CORE – technology leader in energy recovery and part of the Swiss Zehnder Group. Since 1994, we have been supplying people all over the world with fresh and healthy air. Around 400 employees develop and produce heat and enthalpy exchangers for the global market at four international locations: Reinsdorf (DE), Waalwijk (NL), Vancouver (CA), and Zhongshan (CN). With state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies such as laser and ultrasonic welding as well as robot-controlled systems, we meet the highest quality standards. Together with you, we ensure a healthy, comfortable, and energy-efficient indoor climate. We look forward to getting to know you.
Senior Manufacturing Process & Technology Engineer (m/f/d)
ESSENCE OF THE ROLE:
As Core evolves, its manufacturing processes also need to evolve. Specifically, we need to continuously iterate our Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) manufacturing processes and we are scaling up our Fuel Cell Humidifier production. Furthermore, we will likely be launching new products in North America that are currently manufactured in our other international locations.
This Senior role requires a practical and strategic approach to introducing new manufacturing approaches into the organization while iterating existing processes. Extensive collaboration will be required with our other plants to leverage existing experience and share best manufacturing practices. This is a role for someone that enjoys a hands-on manufacturing environment.
- Identify and implement new manufacturing technologies, process and equipment
- Collaborate with other manufacturing locations to apply best practices, leverage experience and drive towards a global manufacturing strategy
- Assess and iterate existing manufacturing processes to reduce waste, improve quality, reduce set-up and increase output
- Support the implementation of appropriate Lean Manufacturing or Theory of Constraints (TOC) tools
- Ensure adherence to health & safety rules and practices
- Manage the specification, sourcing, installation and commissioning of production equipment
- Collaborate with design engineering groups to ensure that products are designed for manufacturability & assembly-bridge product design with manufacturing
- Mentor other engineering and manufacturing staff.
- BSc- Mechanical Engineering or specialty in automation & manufacturing
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10 + years in manufacturing, automation & production of engineered products
- Has worked extensively with manufacturing equipment suppliers to specify, purchase, install and commission automated/semi-automated production lines for medium and high-volume production
- Significant experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment with a solid understanding of automotive industry requirements and expectations
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for mechanical, electrical and PLC auto-controls
- Proven design abilities using 3D modelling and CAD software such as SolidWorks
- Ability to create detailed engineering drawings (with GD&T) for suppliers and internal manufacturing.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with hands-on mechanical, maintenance, prototyping and fabrication skills
- Strong management, leadership and mentoring and coaching skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects
- Has worked in a cross functional organization that requires manufacturing collaboration with other functional groups such as product design engineering, quality, health and safety, purchasing
- Enjoys international collaboration