Welcome to CORE Careers!
CORE Energy Recovery Solutions is a leading manufacturer specializing in the design and production of components for building HVAC systems and hydrogen fuel cells. As part of the Zehnder Group (SIX: ZEHN), CORE works with the world’s largest manufacturers to create solutions that reduce the carbon footprint of buildings and enables a renewable energy sector.
CORE values trust, respect, curiosity and openness.
Maintenance Technician (m/f/d)
ESSENCE OF THE ROLE:
This role is for someone that loves the challenge of maintaining and improving production equipment and enjoys working with mechanical & electrical systems, automation and controls. A hands-on individual, he/she is on the look-out for how to improve the equipment, effectively maintain it and reduce unexpected shutdowns. He/she will also interact frequently with operators to resolve equipment issues and collaborate with them to improve the equipment performance.
- Establish and iterate Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)/Preventative Maintenance (PM) programs
- Maintain records for maintenance requirements and metrics for OEE and set-up times
- Maintain production machines, tools jigs/fixtures and facility equipment
- Collaborate with equipment vendors and service providers when required to troubleshoot issues
- Review and improve set-up procedures
- Ensure that all equipment is operating safely and with appropriate safety systems
- Arrange procurement of spare parts & components and cooperate to establish an appropriate critical spares strategy
- Document maintenance procedures and resolution to common maintenance/breakdown issues with the objective of maintaining a knowledge base of solutions to equipment downtime events
- Support the specification, sourcing, installation and commissioning of new equipment with the intent of standardizing components and spares wherever possible
- Train operators in “basic” equipment maintenance and observe how equipment is operated
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
- High School diploma with post-secondary studies
- Mechanical/Electrical Technologist or other related fields such as Industrial Mechanic, Maintenance Technician
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of “hands-on” manufacturing experience in industrial equipment maintenance and management
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques
- Mechanical, electrical, controls and PLC trouble shooting skills are required
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools – especially Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Enjoys collaborating and working with other functions
- Available and willing to work flexible shifts, when necessary
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Effective problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills working in a Microsoft environment (Outlook, Excel, Teams, SharePoint, Word)
- Well-organized and can prioritize tasks